zBoost Industrial Wireless Extender Solutions:
The FCC released a Report and Order that includes rules and policies that will enhance wireless coverage for consumers, particularly in rural, underserved, and difficult-to-serve areas by broadening the availability of signal boosters while ensuring that boosters do not adversely affect wireless networks. The distributed amplifier kits sold by zBoost are considered “industrial signal boosters” and are not covered by the consumer booster safe harbor rules set forth by the FCC. Starting March 1st, zBoost will most likely not be able to continue selling the YXC-15K, YXC-20K, and YXC-40K distributed amplifier solution kits in the United States.
The industrial boosters are pending recertification at a FCC testing laboratory and it is unclear how long this process will take. Once industrial boosters are recertified the operation of Industrial Signal Boosters will require a valid FCC license or licensee consent. Gaining carrier consent for a planned installation has proven to be difficult and time consuming resulting in an expensive process. So much so that when the total scope of the project is presented to the end customer it will most likely far exceed their planned budget.
For this reason, zBoost is recommending that multiple consumer booster kits (single amplifier) be used instead of the industrial boosters. The consumer booster kits that we currently offer to custom installers (Ex: YX745) can be sold through April 30th. After April 30th only the consumer booster kits that have the FCC approval can be sold and installed (Ex: ZBC745.) These new consumer boosters are in the final stages of becoming certified by the FCC and will begin shipping mid-March.
zBoost provides professionals with enterprise-level in-building cell signal booster kits - Complete solutions for improving cellular voice and data signal within buildings from 3500 to 40,000 square feet.
The kits, not available through retail, equip professional installers with the materials to execute installations for varying building configurations. The zBoost kits use a network of active amplifiers and antennas configured to provide optimum cellular signal strength for multiple cellular providers while protecting the integrity of the carrier network using patented technology.
Download CommercialWireless Extender Brochure
- Boosts indoor cell phone reception signal for cell phones, smartphones, wireless data cards and wireless alarm panels
- Reduces dropped calls and improves cell phone signal indoors, increasing performance of voice and data
- Increases coverage starting at 3500 square feet using Bi-Directional Amplifier (BDA) Systems that capture and amplify outdoor cellular signal (Both 800MHz and 1900MHz bands)
- Increased indoor cell phone reception means increased productivity and savings for tenants
- Some benefits for cell phone users include extending battery life, replacing landline phones, reducing or eliminating dropped calls and increased wireless performance
- Uses patented technologies that protect the carrier network